I will post pictures soon but this one is just dialogue, sorry.
I took Sloan to a Pediatric Cardiologist this morning. They heard a heart murmur at her 6 month and 9 month visit but thought it wasn't anything to worry about. However, the pediatrician thought we should just get it checked out to be sure. Good thing we have great insurance since I would hate to see the bill on this one. She got an EKG and an Ultrasound of her heart. Everything is completely normal and the doctor said the murmur will most likely disappear in the next couple of years. After talking to my mom, it turns out that I had a heart murmur when I was a baby too. Sloan did great for almost all of the tests. They did her blood pressure on her arms and legs. Her eyes got big when the cuffs got tight but she just laid there. Then, they stuck about 15 or 20 pads with cords all over her chest and back for the EKG. She just laid there playing with the cords. I should have taken a picture but I thought it might be a little strange and it was kind of sad to see all of that stuff hooked up to her. It definitely made me think how awful it would be to have a child with a major problem. I truly cannot imagine. By the time we got to the ultrasound, she was not having it and tried to crawl all over the table and would not sit still. Even the TV with Barney playing, all kinds of toys and the techs singing wouldn't keep her still. They finally got what they needed and all is well. The doctor made an interesting note while we were there though....he said he thought that she was right handed. We think so too. She seems to favor that hand for most everything. Grant never showed any preference at this age.
Other Sloan news....we are almost done with bottles. We still offer her a bottle before her 10am and 2pm naps but 9 times out of 10 she doesn't drink anything. She has also started to refuse her bottle before bed sometimes. Her table food and juice intake has increased so I guess that is why. I am loving this...no more bottles is coming very soon! Her little cold has cleared up as well.
Ahhhh and now come the Grant stories......
You don't realize how goofy you sound talking to a baby until you have a toddler repeating what you say! Grant will look at Sloan and say (in a very high pitched voice) "hey sloanie, you're a pretty little girl!" or "I see your little teeth, yes I do" or "gonna getcha getcha getcha". It is truly comical but Sloan just laughs. She now tries to chase him in the hallway upstairs too. He will run by her and she cracks up laughing and then starts crawling as fast as she can to get to him. Then, he will fly by her again.
The phrase of the week is "I don't need help!". He will say, "I need to go pee pee but I don't need help. You stay right there and I will be right back ok".
The concept of "Matching"....matching to a toddler is when the colors are the same. So I tell Grant that his clothes have to match for school and I lay them out the night before so we don't have issues in the morning with this process. However, he will throw a curve ball sometimes and get new shorts out of his drawer....and yes this can start a beautiful morning battle of the wills! So, I picked out a navy blue shirt and khaki shorts one day. He went back in his room and changed his shorts....he came out and said "mommy look blue and blue, I match" and was so proud. He was one big blob of navy, ha ha. I just said good job and let him be all blue for a day. Afterall, he did "match"!
Car rides have gotten interesting with both of them. Sloan now loves to throw everything. She will pick something up and just toss it. So Grant has become her retriever. She tosses something across the car and he gives it back. He also has little conversations with her in the backseat. We went and ate out tonight and on the way there he says "sloanie, do you want a cheeseburger? No, you can't have a cheeseburger. When you get bigger you can". We are just laughing in the front seat listening to the commentary.
Friday, August 3, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment