Sloan has a cold unfortunately. Grant had a runny nose and she obviously caught it. He is fine now but she is a little snotty. It is not bad at all so I am hoping it clears up soon. Her ears look great so far and I have been checking them every couple of nights. Love having an otoscope!
She has a new skills this week.....she can pull herself to standing. I have only seen it a couple of times when she is super motivated to get to something. She is still not completely sturdy but she doesn't have much fear. We put her in the swing outside and she LOVED it! I remember putting Grant in it at this age and he cried at first and then liked it. Little Sloan is such a risk taker that she was elated when I started swinging her. And I can swing her much higher than Grant ever would go.
Grant does a tiger growl so much that now Sloan is growling. He also whistles a lot and now she will blow like she is trying to whistle. I definitely see how second children pick up things quicker with an older sibling constantly doing things around them. Unless he is asleep, Grant is non-stop action!
Conversations with a 3 year old are a daily laugh! Grant found a pair of pants in his closet from last winter. It was the only pair that were long on him last year so I left them out for this winter. He pulled them out and said "I want to wear these mommy please". I tried to explain that it was way too hot right now to wear pants but he could wear them when it gets cold. Of course, this did not work. In fact, he looked at me and said "but you wear pants to work everyday". Lovely huh. Well, at that point I couldn't really argue and told him he could wear them inside but had to change to shorts to go outside. He agreed. He has been wearing them everyday for a few days now. I am going to snatch them tomorrow to wash them so I am sure that won't go over well.
His new word is "actually". He uses it when making or expressing his decisions. For example, I will say "do you want pretzels or buggles with your sandwich?". To which he now replies, "I want Doritos actually". Hilarious!
He informed me that he wanted to be a Penguin for Halloween this year, I assume from our recent aquarium visit. Then he said that Sloan has to be a Dolphin! I guess I better start shopping now since those aren't your typical costumes. Although maybe he will change his mind before we get closer to that time.
So Luke typically cuts our grass every week and as you have seen in the pictures...Grant follows behind him. The grass needed to be cut this week and I told Luke that I would cut it since he does it so much. Grant looked at me and said "mommys can't cut grass, only daddys". After that comment, I was definitely cutting the grass, ha ha! It was not my first time but Grant was amazed that I was going to do it. He then followed behind me. Afterwards, he looked at me and said "you did a good job mommy". Oh how the gender roles start early!
Grant tells her the shapes and where to put them. She could obviously care less but loves to play with him!
The pants!
The remote is what she wants...not a toy of course! The approach....
Success in getting to the remote all by herself!
Dropped it and now deciding how to get down.....she ended up just plopping down on her bottom
No comments:
Post a Comment