Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy 4th of July

We had a low key 4th of July at home this year since it was on a Wednesday!  

Sloan LOVES to wave at everyone all the time.  She turns her hand like she is in Miss America.....if I were a pageant person, I would be oh so proud, lol! People in restaurants and stores find it hysterical to watch her do this.
On the move.....all the time!
 Trying to get a picture of both of them is not easy
 Sloan can now hold her sippy cup but we are still working on holding it up high enough to get the juice out.  She gets it right half the time.
 Finally got a good picture of both of them
 Sloan grinds her gums all the time now that her bottom teeth are coming in so her face looks crooked all the time now, ha ha.
 Enjoying some basketball fun
 Grant showing off his favorite cars....he sleeps with one of them every night now
 Sloan coming for his cars and the look on his face says it all!  He does NOT like her messing with his stuff.
 Throwing poppers is so much fun but cleaning up the mess afterwards, no so much!
 Watermelon on a super hot 4th of July.  The first thing he said is "why is this part green and this part red? and Why can't I eat the green part" I tried to explain somewhat but I ended up having to just direct his attention to something else.  His favorite question is "Why?" and it is non stop.  If I ask him to do anything (i.e., go get your shoes), he asks "Why?" and when you answer, you just get another "Why?"......exhausting sometimes I must say.
 Grant wants a seatbelt like ours so he now pulls the real seat belt in the backseat over his arm.  You would think he would just let go of it at some point but he keeps it on all the time.  He also will tell me if I "forget" to put mine on.  He is my little backseat driver now...he says "light is green mommy, go", "light is yellow mommy, slow down"

No comments: