Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Funny Kids

Just some funny stuff about our children......

Grant is really loving preschool camps.  I dropped him off yesterday morning and the teacher said "Grant is the most social child we have ever had!".  I promptly asked if that was a good thing or a bad thing for school, lol!  She said it was great so let's hope it stays that way.  He has picked up some new things at school.  Whenever we leave the house, he gets to the door and says "To the Rescue!" and I have no clue where he got it from so I am assuming school.  He also informed me that they play "Follow the leader" and he was the leader "all the time"!  I see rough teenage years in our future!  Another interesting thing....Grant had to pee when I dropped him off at school, so I took him to the potty (which are these cute miniature commercial pottys that require no step stools) and he promptly turned around and sat down.  I said "oh you have to poo poo?" and he said "no mommy, I have to sit to pee pee at school".  Turns out they make the little boys sit to pee in school since most of them are not yet skilled enough to get it aimed straight, lol!  He still stands to pee at home which makes Luke happy.  Luke will kill me for writing this on the blog and I should preface it with the fact that neither of us get naked in front of Grant anymore since he is sooooo intuitive and asks so many questions.  However, he pops up when we are in the shower sometimes and getting him to leave the bathroom at that point is next to impossible, ha ha.  This morning, Grant informed our nanny, Miss Kasie, this morning that daddy has a "big pee pee" and we both laughed.  I told him that he would have a "big pee pee" one day too and he got this funny smirk on his face and said "noooo mommy".  He also asked me the other day "why does Sloan not have a pee pee like me?"  to which I just said, "she is a girl and you are a boy" and he said "but why?"......ugh!

This past weekend, Grant went to swim lessons and swam without any back float for a few feet!  It is quite amazing to watch how fast they learn.  He is also jumping off the side of the pool into the water really well now too.  He used to jump straight down and want to hold your hand but now he jumps out without holding on to anything.  He can hold his breath and go all the way under water with the teacher too!

Little Sloan is a pistol these days!  She is into everything and is sitting up in her crib as soon as she wakes up now.  She has reached that age where you cannot go back into the room once you put her down to sleep or else she pops up and will start crying to get out.  I used to go back in and cover her up if she moved her blanket, etc.  She will cry sometimes for a minute or two when we put her down for naps and bed but then goes right to sleep.  Sloan is not what you call a "quiet" child!  She is always screaming at something, mostly Mason or Grant.  I think it makes it worse because Grant will scream back at her and she loves that....and Mason will start barking because her screaming hurts his ears but it just makes her scream louder.  Sloan has also started trying to get to the dog food, lovely!  I am sure she will get a nibble before it is all said and done.  She is still getting 3 bottles per day (before naps and bedtime) but she is taking less and less ounces in them so I am hoping to ditch them in the next month or two.  Ahhhh to be done with bottles and formula!  She is using her sippy cup by herself really well now.  She still eats mostly baby food but she loves french toast now too along with eggs.  Goldfish are also a favorite.  She will gag every once in a while but nothing like what Grant used to do, ha ha.

1 comment:

Keri Sullivan Ninness said...

DYING over the pee pee comment. I hope Luke had a witty comeback :)