One of Grant's favorite things to do is cut grass with Luke....well pretend to cut grass with Luke. He even does his arm like he is pulling the string to start the lawn mower! We literally laugh out loud every time he does it because he makes a noise like the engine when he does it. One new skill Grant just did this morning, which I would have preferred he never learned, is undoing the car seat buckles. He can completely get out by himself now! So how are you supposed to keep kids in car seats until they are like 8 YEARS OLD! He waits until we stop the car thank goodness. He has been able to get the harness part undone for a while now but the "button" part between his legs was always too hard for him. He was pushing it this morning and all of the sudden it released. The look on his face was priceless and I wish I had a camera. He was so proud of himself and very excited and yelled "Grant did it!" He promptly jumped out of his seat and said "I can get out all by myself now mommy".
He continues to LOVE school and his teacher told me yesterday that he "is very sweet to the criers". Turns out he is very disturbed by why a few of the kids cry for their mommy's almost the whole time they are there. She said he will come up to them and say "it's okay do you want a toy". How funny and sweet is that! I must say that I am glad that I don't have one of those "criers". It is awful to watch the kids get dropped off that are screaming and literally have to be pulled away from their mothers.
Sloan is cutting her second bottom tooth! We are back on Advil because she is just not a happy camper for a few days when her teeth are coming through. It's funny how different she and Grant are in so many ways. He never had any trouble with teething. She also seems to be a bit more sensitive then Grant was. She can produce alligator size tears at the drop of a hat....guess that is a girl thing, lol!
Serious face to her favorite stuffed animal....it sings the ABC's
Her favorite new find is Mason's dog food.....headed that way....
I am sure she will get a taste before it is all said and done. She got a handful on this occasion!
Luke and Grant cutting grass
Time to use the weed eaters now
Everything goes in her mouth! And I don't think you are supposed to sit this way in the car
No comments:
Post a Comment