Sloan is feeling the pain of teething this week. Her bottom, right tooth has just broken through and I can see a white line now for the bottom, left tooth too. She is chewing and drooling all the time! I started giving her some Advil today since it seemed to be bothering her during her naps, etc. She slept for 3 hours after that so I guess it worked, poor thing. Her teeth look much bigger than Grant's did so maybe that is why they hurt more than his did. She is doing great other than that. She is now in Size 3 diapers and most of her clothes are 9-12 months. This heat has been killing us this week. It was 106 degrees in Atlanta yesterday and close to the same today. Our AC is running non-stop but it takes it a little while at night to get down to our normal 71 degrees in the house. It has been around 77 degrees inside all day even though we have it set on 71. We haven't been covering her up with blankets until after midnight because of that. We are hoping for some cooler weather soon!
Grant's new, big boy bed got delivered on Saturday morning! We painted his room and got it all ready for him. We were talking about it for a few weeks with him. He was wishy washy on whether he wanted the new bed or not. Some days he would say "I love my crib and I want to keep it" and then other days he would say "I want a bigger bed". I admit that I was a little nervous that we might end up with him in our room in the middle of the night. The verdict.....he slept all night in his new bed and LOVED it! Thank goodness right! He actually loved it so much that when he got back from swim lessons this morning at 11am (not a nap time for him at all), he said "I want to go to my bed and take nap". Luke and I just laughed and I went up there with him and he got his paci (yes, our last little vice to get rid of) and told me to "turn on his noise machine". He laid up there for like 30 minutes talking and then yelled for me to come up there. This afternoon, he did take a real nap for about 2 hours though. It was great to get the queen bed out of Sloan's nursery. She has so much more space in her room now.
Grant has also learned how to get Mason to do tricks, well I guess his speech has gotten clear enough for Mason to understand him now, lol! So he gets 2 biscuits (not sure why it has to be 2 every time but we just go with it) and he tells Mason to "sit" and "roll over" and "stand". He loves doing it so much that we have had to tell him no sometimes or Mason will get way too many biscuits, ha ha.
Sloan hanging out at the pool
Grant made this hat at his Preschool Camp this past week. The theme for the week was 4th of July obviously.
Grant in his new bed! No decorations yet but we are getting there.
1 comment:
I CANNOT believe little baby Grant is in a big bed. Holy cow it makes me want to stop time. That kid is a riot. Sweet, sweet little family!
Post a Comment