Sloan had her 9 Month doctor's appointment today. She is still quite petite. She weighed 16lb 3oz (25th percentile) and she was 27 inches tall (30th percentile). She got one shot to get her all caught up (it was a combo of DTaP, Polio and HiB). They also pricked her big toe to check her iron which I don't remember them doing with Grant but I must have just forgotten. Her levels were normal.
Grant gives me sooo much material to write about that I don't know where to start and stop, ha ha. The biggest news is that he no longer needs a pacifier! We have been talking about it every night for a week or so. I would say "let's try to sleep without your pacifier tonight and you are big boy now and don't need it anymore". And his response was always "no, I will do it tomorrow night". But last night, his response changed and he said "okay, I will try it tonight. Only babies need paci's mommy". I just knew that he would be yelling for his pacifier later in the night but he didn't. And tonight, he went right to bed without saying a word about it! That was way too easy!
Whenever Grant refers to "yesterday", he will say "last morning" and we have no clue where that came from.
He has learned how to tell a lie here lately too. For an elaborate example, he was in the tub last night and saw Luke's scar on his elbow (from where he had surgery) and asked what it was. Luke explained that it was a scar from a boo boo but that was not good enough. He had to know exactly how it happened and what a scar was and what surgery was and on and on. Luke explained to him that it was from playing basketball and the doctors had to cut out some scar tissue and it was all better. Luke and I tag team on bath time and bedtime (and alternate kids each night usually). So, I was putting Grant to bed and he started telling me that he "hurt his elbow today at school" and since I did not hear their previous conversation, I started asking how he hurt it. He said he was "playing basketball and had to have surgery to cut it out". It was a very elaborate story and Luke walked in and heard him and busted out laughing. Grant then started laughing too. Crazy boy!
Grant also has either an imaginary friend or there is a kid at school that I cannot find. He has started to talk about "Michael" and will make lion noises and say "Michael does that" or point and wiggle his fingers at you and say "Michael does that". Then, I took him swimming at our neighborhood pool Monday night and he looked at this little boy and yelled "Hey Michael, mommy that is Michael!" but it was not Michael....his name was Luke actually. I just told the dad that he must look like Michael at his school. Grant looked at me very confused and said "no mommy, that is Michael". I tried to explain that it was not and changed the subject. I asked him who Michael was and he said it was a boy from school. This morning, I looked at the list of kids in both classes and there is no Michael. I asked one of the teachers and she said there is not a Michael. We are confused to say the least.
No comments:
Post a Comment