Grant will officially be on a soccer team called "The Fury". I am not sure why it can't be a simple animal name like the tigers, bears, etc. He can barely say the word Fury, lol! Oh well. Go Fury! We will have practice every Thursday night and games every Saturday morning now. This should be interesting and fun.
I took Grant to Build A Bear this weekend. (Thanks Keri for the great idea) I will start by saying whoever created this chain is a genius and VERY rich! I was shocked how many children were in there. The place was packed full and I challenge anyone to try and get out of that store without spending at least $50. First, you pick out your animal (bears, dogs, cats, frogs, monkeys, etc.). Grant picked a cat. We were waiting in line and the little girl in front of us, who was around 7 years old, went to get her animal stuffed. The lady asked her how she spelled her name and she spelled it. They write your name on the tag of the animal. So, Grant is listening and when it was his turn...he just walked up and said "I am Gwant (Grant), G.R.A.N.T". She got a laugh out of that. So, he then got his cat stuffed. You can see the stuffing rolling around behind a plexi-glass container. He was terrified that his cat was going to be put inside the container but we assured him that would not happen. Grant then picked out a heart for his cat, made a wish and put it inside (very cute) before it is sewed up. We then went to "bathe" the cat, which is just air coming out of a tube and Grant brushed his cat. Now, the expensive part comes....accessories! There are tons of accessories at this place and you cannot get just one thing! Grant's cat is very tacky! He picked Lightening McQueeen Cars pajamas, 4 sequined bows and a cell phone! And he did pick out a bunny for Sloanie. His cat has not left his side since he got it. In fact, he woke me up at 5:30am this morning screaming "uh oh" and when I went in there to see what was wrong......he says "I can't find my cat's cell phone!". It was under his covers, ugh! I found it and he went back to sleep until 7:30am thank goodness. Crazy child!
The word of the week is "Never!". If we tell him not to do something, like "Don't take that away from Sloan". He will say "No, Don't do that. Never!"
Stuffing the cat
Cleaning the cat
Finished product
He demanded to carry the box which is as big as he is!
Tacky kitty! Bows for both ears and the tail!
1 comment:
I did not think I could love your kid more. I was wrong. Not an animal fan (duh) but might make an exception for tacky kitty. If Sloan ever gets hair, kitty can share! I forgot about the aisles of gaudy, overpriced accessories! Oops :) xo
Post a Comment