Tuesday, August 21, 2012

New Team, Clothing Wars and New Shoes

Quick correction on Grant's soccer team.  And no, I didn't get it changed because I didn't like the team name, lol.  That was just an added bonus.  There is a park that is much closer to our house that another team will be playing at so I requested a change.  He will now be a "Viper" which happens to be a better name so we got lucky on that.  I thought it was interesting at the parent meeting that we all got lectured on "parental sportsmanship".  The parents are way worse than the kids evidently.  We shall see...

And I forgot to write about our clothing wars.  Grant has a few items that he wants to wear everyday.  His pants, which I have written about before.  A gamecock tee-shirt (I should like that but he has so many other cute shirts) and an Under Armour shirt that is like Luke's.  We used to fight every morning about him wearing anything but these things.  He is forced to pick something else when I am washing them.  He will actually go to the dryer and pull them out when they are finished.  Our agreement for now is that he can pick what to wear at home but I get to pick when he goes to school or when we leave the house.  I set out his gamecock shirt and pants yesterday morning.  When he woke up and saw it, he came running into my bathroom and said "Good job mom!".  I laughed out loud.  He also can fully dress himself now from head to toe.  There are times when he asks for help, especially when he wants attention if I am tending to Sloan.

"I neeeeeed that!" is a common phrase for Grant now too.  He says it for everything he really wants.  We went to Stride Rite to get him some new tennis shoes and the selection was not so great for some reason.  I just wanted some simple white shoes.  I told the sales lady to just bring what she had in his size (8.5).  She brought out 4 boxes and opened each one.  The first two did not look good.  Then I really liked the 3rd pair which had navy on them.  But, she opened box number 4......grey shoes with bright, neon blue soles.....and out comes that phrase "I neeeeed these shoes!".  I knew it was all over then.  The sales lady said "at least he knows what he wants".  If she only knew.  Of course, we came home with those shoes.  I will have to get a picture for everyone to see.

I will take some pictures and post them later this week.

No comments: