Sunday, August 26, 2012

New Noises and a Big Red Ball

We have had a fun weekend!  Sloan is starting to babble all kinds of new sounds and she has little conversations with herself now.  Although her favorite sound is still a scream/yell and she has some strong vocal cords!  As all babies do....she loves anything that is NOT a baby toy, hence the water bottle in the picture below.  
We went and ate at a local sports bar/restaurant one night.  They have one of those big games that is full of stuffed animals and the claw comes down and grabs them, etc.  You NEVER win at these things unless they are messed up or so we thought.  Grant spotted it as soon as we walked in and asked if he could do it.  I told him if he ate his dinner then I would give him the quarters to play.  We walk over after dinner and put in 4 quarters (yes, it was a DOLLAR per play!).  This machine had balls and stuffed animals.  He did not understand the concept of moving the claw over the "easiest" item to grab.  He really wanted one of the rubber balls.  So, I helped him move the claw and then told him to push the button.  It is on a timer so you have to move fast.  The claw actually picked up the ball but then dropped it, of course right!  So, he begged to play "one more time" to which I offered up 4 more quarters and said that was all I had left.  He rushed to put the quarters in the slots.  I was putting my wallet up and before I could help, he had already moved the claw and then pushed the button right as I was saying "no, wait".  The claw goes down and comes up with a ball from the bottom of the machine......we were shocked!  He won a big red ball and was thrilled!  I still can't believe he won and without any help.  I would never have gone for that particular ball either, go figure!

Grant and I are going to the dentist tomorrow.  It will be his first visit so let's hope it goes well.  He is going to watch me get my teeth cleaned and then they will look at his.  My dentist said it is mostly just to count his teeth and look at them.  No xrays or "real" cleaning.  

We installed a gate on the deck to keep little Sloan safe.  We never really needed one on the deck with Grant.  She is our little risk taker already....kind of scary. 

Water bottles are way better than toys!
The Red Ball

 The gate is being tested already!
 Not sure what this face is.....

No comments: