Sloan is now standing up and holding on with only one hand. She actually stood for a few seconds without holding on to anything. I don't think she realized what she was doing though. I am having an awful time finding her shoes. I measured her feet and she is a 2.5 but the only shoes in that size are not walkers. I found one pair at the Stride Rite outlet but they are black patent leather. And they fell off of her foot not long after I put them on....ugh! Stride Rite quit making a 2.5 in walkers, they start at size 3 only now. I am taking her to the store tomorrow to see what we can do. Everyone looks at me like I have two heads when I tell them that she is almost a year old and has size 2.5 feet. Her cold is better but not quite gone yet. There is still a little bit of a runny nose but her ears still look good.
Sloan is now eating chicken (little pieces of baked chicken at least). Grant never would eat meat until he was almost 2 years old. She loved it though. She is getting tired of green beans and carrots so I am going to start some new stuff soon. They both love grilled cheese!
Grant is full of questions and they are getting harder to answer. "Where does water come from?", "How does water come out of the sink?", "What is inside of a leaf?", "Why does it get dark outside?". When you attempt to answer these kinds of questions....you only get MORE questions!
We are reading baby books to Sloan before naps and bedtime now. And Grant keeps taking her books out of her room and putting them in his room. One of the books has a picture of a dog, cat, rabbit and fish. He tells us he wants a "fish in a fish tank" and "a rabbit in a cage so that Sloan can't get them". He doesn't like her taking his stuff these days. Yet he takes all of her stuff!
Grant had another soccer game tonight and he has gotten much more aggressive on the field. He has learned that he can hold his hand out and block the other kids. He will actually grab their arms to keep them from getting too close. I don't know where he learned this from but it definitely works for him. There is one little girl on the team that he likes more than anyone else. It is so obvious and very funny. He follows her around and wants to kick the ball with her all the time. Guess it starts early....we may be in trouble, ha ha.
Preschool is keeping me busy. This week was red week so Grant wore red to school. And we had to send in apples so they could bake apple muffins. Next week is green week and they have the fire department coming in to teach fire safety. They will also get to play on a real firetruck. And school pictures will be taken next week too. Then, orange week and they wear their costumes. Purple week is next and I still haven't found a purple shirt for him to wear. There is a petting zoo for them that week too. There is a calendar on our fridge so I can keep up. Whew....At least we don't have homework yet! I definitely see why the wait list is so long for this preschool.....they do so many fun things with the kids but it is kicking my rear trying to keep up!
Friday, October 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment