Sunday, October 21, 2012

Horse rides and pumpkin carving

We had a fun weekend!  Grant got to ride a horse!  We went to McKenna Farms which is a Rehab farm for children with illnesses and disabilities.  Our neighbor used their services for their little boy before he passed away.  They had a fundraiser this weekend so we went to support them.  Grant got to see lots of horses and ride one.  I thought he might be a little scared since these are not small horses but he got right on.  His horse was named "Star".  

One of Grant's new words is "cool".  He has been using it to describe all kinds of things lately.  Guessing he got this one from a preschool friend.

We also carved our pumpkins.  Grant loved using a spoon to scoop out the guts of the pumpkins.  And he demanded that we cook the seeds so he could eat them.  I think they must have discussed this at school too.  So we salted them and cooked them.  And he ate a lot of them and I made him save some for later in the week.  He LOVES any kind of nuts or seeds for some reason.

I took Sloan for her 1 year pictures and they turned out great!  However, the CD I got had the wrong pictures on it.  I am going to pick up the right one tomorrow hopefully and then I can post her pictures.  

Sloan is also now saying "uh oh" when anything drops on the ground or if she throws something.  She is really starting to babble more and more but it is still mostly nonsense.

Getting ready to ride! 





No comments: