Thursday, October 11, 2012

New Costume, A Big Boo Boo, and New Teeth

Grant has been watching this TV show called "Super Why".  It is a cartoon where they ask and answer questions.  He has been saying that he wanted to be Super Why for the past week.  So, I actually found the costume and he loves it!  Yes, he now has a penguin and Super Why costumes as well as the UPS man from last year.  He says he is going to wear one to his preschool party and one to trick or treat in.....we shall see.  He has also asked for the "super duper red computer" that Super Why uses but I am not even going there.  As soon as I brought the costume home, he put it on and we took a picture.  Then, he wanted to walk around the neighborhood in it and look at the Halloween decorations.  We only got about 10 feet from the house.....he was skipping on the sidewalk and I told him to stop or he might trip....well I spoke too soon.  He was going down a little slope and tripped.  He was holding the mask and didn't catch himself like he should have.  Needless to say, he scraped the top layer of skin off of his forehead and busted his lip and nose.  When the crying stopped, my first thought was "We have school pictures tomorrow, ugh!"  Those ought to be cute, lol!  The funny part is that he is really enjoying the attention he is getting from this boo boo!  He tells people "Don't run on concrete!".  He is accident prone for sure.  He looks like he got beat up, poor thing. 

Sloan's top teeth are coming in now!  Her gums are really swollen and her left one looks like it will break through soon.  It doesn't seem to be bothering her right now so we will see.  She also knows where her belly button is....if you ask her "Where is your belly button?", she will take both hands and grab at her belly button.  I started this in the bathtub and she has it down now.  I can almost say that we are DONE with bottles, yay!  We have still been offering her 2oz of formula at night but she hasn't wanted it for the past week.  She will turn her head and shove the bottle away from her face as hard as she can.  The girl knows what she wants and what she doesn't want!  I am going to switch it out to a sippy cup with water here soon.
 
Super Why
The aftermath
 Checking out the pumpkin and refusing to smile!


1 comment:

Keri Sullivan Ninness said...

Omg! Love sloan's outfit!!! Hope grant is on the Mend. I put MK in her cow costume after hearing her yell "wear chick a lay!" 200 times. Guess how many minutes she wore it bf sh was yelling off! Off! Less than the amount of time it took me to squeeze her into it. I'm guessing we make it to a total of 3 houses this year!