Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Easter Fun and More

My computer crashed last week and I just got it back so I apologize this has taken so long to post. We were really busy this past weekend with Easter activities. We went to the GA Governor's Mansion Annual Easter Egg Hunt, our neighborhood easter egg hunt, the Easter Bunny at the Mall and we died easter eggs!
Grant has a couple of new obsessions this week: he points out EVERY fire hydrant as we ride down the road and I can honestly say that I never realized how many there were until he started this. It is probably my fault since he asked me what one was in our neighborhood and it all started after I told him.
He also has a new favorite word: "LOVE"; he will say "I love my blue shirt mommy", "I love cheese dip" and he told Luke "I love your boxer shorts daddy" so when we were at the Mexican restaurant Luke asked him if he "loved" beans (which he doesn't) and he said "I don't love beans" in a very serious tone.
We were playing outside in a new little pool that sprays water up high and he started singing "rain drops keep falling on my head" out of the blue. I think Kasie, his nanny, taught him that one.
He is still extremely observant. We were walking around the neighborhood and we saw an AT&T truck and it has their logo on the side (the round circle with stripes) and out of no where he looks at me and says "daddy has that on his phone". Sure enough, he does since our cell phones are with AT&T. Crazy!

Sloan is starting to eat really well now. She eats a bowl of oatmeal with a fruit in the morning, bottles throughout the day and then sweet potatoes at dinner. We are going to be trying out new stuff every few days now. She is also starting to get into a nap routine a little. She slept 2 hours this morning and an hour this afternoon. As soon as she can get on food at lunch, she should stretch out that afternoon nap. She is obsessed with her pacifier now....she will pull it out of her mouth and stare at it and talk to it. She tries to get it back in her mouth to no avail yet. She is consistently rolling over on her back in the middle of the night and we have to go and put her back on her stomach. I can't wait until she can do it on her own!


Easter Bunny at the Mall

The bow didn't stay on long.....




Holding her pacifier out and looking at it

She LOVES Grant and will smile at him no matter what he does

Our neighborhood bunny

Dying eggs! He had to crack a few open afterwards to see what was inside



Starting to sit up on her own a little better



Grant found the escalator at the mall and he had to go up and down several times

Bunny mask he got from the easter bunny

Clifford the Big Red Dog at the Governor's Mansion



Finding eggs at the Governor's Mansion



"Can I please have my bottle back now!"


No comments: