Grant's new favorite word is "Why?" If we tell him he can't have something, he immediately says "why" now. Another example.....I went and got a pedicure this past weekend and he saw it when I came home and said "Why did you do that mommy?" To which I replied, because it looks pretty and asked him if he wanted his painted. He said "Ohhhhh" and then said "No" to getting his done. I got them painted a really dark purple color so if they were pink, I think he would have wanted his done, ha ha. I am sure his will end up painted one of these days. He asks Why we do everything now and some of the answers are tough to be honest. I find myself wanting to say "just because" a lot. He is also pretty intent on what he can do when he gets "bigger". If I tell him that he cannot do something, he immediately says "I can do that when Grant gets bigger" and I just say yes most of the time. He is also constantly saying things that he CAN do but Sloan can NOT do "until she gets bigger". I see many fights in their future when she does get bigger. If she even tries to touch one of his toys, he gets really upset......but he wants to take ALL of her toys. Typical first born I guess. A really funny moment....this morning I was getting him dressed and he pointed to his chest and said "Grant will get hair on nipples like daddy when I get bigger" and I held back my extreme laughter and said...yes you will. Then, he raised his arm and said "Daddy has a whole lot of hair under his arm, Grant will have a whole lot of hair under my arm when I get bigger". I said yes you will and was glad that the conversation topic ended with that. I was only imagining where it was going next....
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
A squealer and the new question....
We officially have a squealer! Sloan loves to squeal in excitement, especially when Grant is around. We took some videos so we will get those uploaded soon. She is way more vocal than he was at this age so I think we are in trouble, ha ha. She has already started babbling consonant sounds (bah, bah, mah, mah, dah, dah). She is very aware of what is going on around her now too. If someone new enters the room, she is eager to see who it is. She is also very intent on grabbing whatever it is that she wants. I am scared that I may have 2 strong willed children....how does that happen? She is almost officially on a 10am and 2pm nap routine for about 2 hours each. She is really ready to sleep around 9:30am but not hungry so we push her to get to 10am, eat and then sleep.....so it is for a good 2 hours. I still have her eating oatmeal and a fruit in the morning, 4oz bottles during the day and 2 jars of baby food for dinner, and 6oz before bed. We introduced peaches and prunes this week. So far, she is a really good little eater. She has become a real pain when it comes to changing her diaper because she tries to roll over the entire time. You have to distract her with something to get her to stay still. She is sitting up pretty good now but not perfect. She can catch herself from back to front but if she starts to lean to the side....it is all over and she falls.
Grant's new favorite word is "Why?" If we tell him he can't have something, he immediately says "why" now. Another example.....I went and got a pedicure this past weekend and he saw it when I came home and said "Why did you do that mommy?" To which I replied, because it looks pretty and asked him if he wanted his painted. He said "Ohhhhh" and then said "No" to getting his done. I got them painted a really dark purple color so if they were pink, I think he would have wanted his done, ha ha. I am sure his will end up painted one of these days. He asks Why we do everything now and some of the answers are tough to be honest. I find myself wanting to say "just because" a lot. He is also pretty intent on what he can do when he gets "bigger". If I tell him that he cannot do something, he immediately says "I can do that when Grant gets bigger" and I just say yes most of the time. He is also constantly saying things that he CAN do but Sloan can NOT do "until she gets bigger". I see many fights in their future when she does get bigger. If she even tries to touch one of his toys, he gets really upset......but he wants to take ALL of her toys. Typical first born I guess. A really funny moment....this morning I was getting him dressed and he pointed to his chest and said "Grant will get hair on nipples like daddy when I get bigger" and I held back my extreme laughter and said...yes you will. Then, he raised his arm and said "Daddy has a whole lot of hair under his arm, Grant will have a whole lot of hair under my arm when I get bigger". I said yes you will and was glad that the conversation topic ended with that. I was only imagining where it was going next....
Grant's new favorite word is "Why?" If we tell him he can't have something, he immediately says "why" now. Another example.....I went and got a pedicure this past weekend and he saw it when I came home and said "Why did you do that mommy?" To which I replied, because it looks pretty and asked him if he wanted his painted. He said "Ohhhhh" and then said "No" to getting his done. I got them painted a really dark purple color so if they were pink, I think he would have wanted his done, ha ha. I am sure his will end up painted one of these days. He asks Why we do everything now and some of the answers are tough to be honest. I find myself wanting to say "just because" a lot. He is also pretty intent on what he can do when he gets "bigger". If I tell him that he cannot do something, he immediately says "I can do that when Grant gets bigger" and I just say yes most of the time. He is also constantly saying things that he CAN do but Sloan can NOT do "until she gets bigger". I see many fights in their future when she does get bigger. If she even tries to touch one of his toys, he gets really upset......but he wants to take ALL of her toys. Typical first born I guess. A really funny moment....this morning I was getting him dressed and he pointed to his chest and said "Grant will get hair on nipples like daddy when I get bigger" and I held back my extreme laughter and said...yes you will. Then, he raised his arm and said "Daddy has a whole lot of hair under his arm, Grant will have a whole lot of hair under my arm when I get bigger". I said yes you will and was glad that the conversation topic ended with that. I was only imagining where it was going next....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment