Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Memorial Day Fun and a Mystery finally solved!

We had a fun Memorial Day weekend at home!  We went to the park and the pool a few times.  Grant loves feeding the ducks and Sloan would have loved to grab and squeeze a duck....so I had to hold her while she threw bread at them.  These ducks can be aggressive when you are holding food and they even hiss at you when you aren't fast enough throwing it!

We also solved a mystery with Grant.  He has been telling us for the past week that he wanted to go and eat at "Fish and Bones".  We had no clue where he was talking about.  He said it was near his school and they had fish that he could eat.  None of it made any sense to us but he was getting frustrated that we had no clue what he was talking about.  Then, I took the kids to Target this past weekend.  On the way there, Grant suddenly screamed "There's Fish and Bones mommy" and I was ecstatic and turned quick to see what this place was........wait for it......wait for it........Captain D's!  Their logo is a big fish made of bones and there is another one near his school.  I started laughing and was thrilled to have solved the mystery!  He demanded that he wanted to eat there but it was only 9am.  We took him there to get lunch that day and he got a kids meal (piece of fish, fries and hush puppies).  He took like 3 bites of the fish and said he was done!  I could have predicted that one.  I had never actually been there before and I don't think we will be going back but I must say they have really good hush puppies....even Luke agreed and he doesn't really like fast food at all.

Sloan is now cutting some top molars and her vocabulary continues to amaze us.  She can repeat almost any word you say and enunciate it nearly perfect.  Grant now hides from her and then says "I see you" and jumps out.  So now she says "I see you!".  Play Doh and Crayon are still favorite words.  She knows all of her body parts and will follow simple directions like "go put the diaper in the bin" and she will take it, open the diaper champ, put it in there and close it back.  Then she will open it again and say "all gone gone, buy buy diaper".  She and Grant roll balls to each other and she will say "catch" and throw it at him.  They both continue to fight over who gets to walk Mason.  Sloan will say "get leash, walk Mason"  but it she doesn't say Ws well, so it sounds more like "alk".  Sloan started calling Grant "brother" this week and it's pretty funny.  She tries to say Grant sometimes but it isn't very clear.

Grant goes for his 4 year check up tomorrow so I will have his stats soon.

Feeding the ducks

Sliding with a serious face 

She spotted more ducks down by the lake 

Having fun with the sand table 

This is what happens when she gets hold of the stickers 

Loving some pool time 

We have to beg Grant to hold his crayons the right way.  Sloan just does it on her own and we don't know how or why.  She will pick it up and adjust it to the exact position.  She seems very right handed too. 

She loves to color 

Playing ball 


No comments: