Monday, May 13, 2013

Grant's Unbirthday, Eating Out and other fun stuff

Grant celebrated his "Unbirthday" at school last week.  The end of year party was already planned on his actual birthday so they celebrated his big day early.  He got to be the leader that day too.  This means that he gets to hand out the napkins for snack, pick different activities they do during the day and stand at the front of the line when they leave the room.  I got to visit the class for this event during snack time.  He got to pick a special treat to take into class and he chose donuts!  He ate one for breakfast and for snack, ha ha.  The whole Unbirthday concept has confused him a little though.  I told him that tomorrow was his birthday and he said "my unbirthday?".  I had to explain that it was the real deal this time. 

Sloan now says "move!" when she wants you out of the way.  She screams "mommy" really loudly whenever she wants help.  We aren't so sure she really understands that I am mommy but rather uses it to get anyone's attention that will listen.  She has started calling all lights..."flashlights" and I don't know why exactly.  I keep correcting her but it isn't sticking yet.  She now tries to say "1, 2, 3" but mainly gets the 2,3 part.  She also sings along with one of her toys that sings ABC's.....it isn't clear but it's really cute to listen to.  Grant has taught Sloan to say "hop, hop, hop" and she tried to jump but just bends her knees up and down.  He also has her saying "spin, spin, spin" and she will spin around multiple times until she falls down from being dizzy.  She made it around 5 times the other night....crazy.  Cheese is one of her favorite foods right now.  She really likes to dip chips in the cheese at restaurants too.  Grant LOVES sour cream and Sloan screamed for some at the Mexican restaurant.  So I got her a plate of sour cream too and oddly enough, she loves it too!  She can pretty much tell you exactly what she wants these days and watch out if she doesn't get her way.  She is feisty and fun all wrapped up in a cute little package!

Who do you think is in charge in this picture? LOL
 Sour cream!
 Cool pizza place where the tables are chalkboards....they also had TVs at every table!  We will be going back again soon!

 Unbirthday at school!
 Handing out napkins for snack time
 Donuts for Grant's Unbirthday!


No comments: