Thursday, May 16, 2013

Grant turns 4, Preschool Graduation and a Carseat swap!

Grant is now 4 years old!  His birthday this year has turned into a 2+ week event.  His "unbirthday" at school, gifts from family over the past week, his real birthday at home and his party this coming weekend with his friends.  Whew, I am exhausted from all the festivities, lol!  

This week, Grant had his end of year party at school and preschool graduation!  I can't believe he has already finished a year of preschool.  It really went by fast and he loves it so much.  We have put him in the church's preschool summer camps this summer which are very similar to what they do during the year.  He will be in 4 year old preschool next year and go 4 days a week.  The graduation was really cute.  All of the kids sang "He's got the whole world in his hands" and Grant sang much louder than the rest of the kids.  The parents got a kick out of that and we were laughing.  Let's just say that we don't have genes that can carry a tune unfortunately, ha ha.  He has great confidence though!

On the way to school this morning, Grant told me "I can drive you around and I will take Sloanie too but I will drive very careful". I replied "not yet but one day" and he said "yep, one day I will".  These random thoughts are plentiful but I just need a recorder all day to capture them all.  He also pointed at a car and said "that is what I want to drive when I get bigger".  I look over and it is a brand new 7 series BMW.....he has excellent taste and I guess I should be relieved that it wasn't some clunker, ha.  I did ask him why he liked that car so much.  He said "because mommy, it's super shiny!".  The word "super" is a favorite of his right now.

We have made a car seat change!  Now that Grant is 4, he can use a booster seat, yay!  So, he now sits in a booster seat with a regular seat belt and we moved Sloan to his car seat.  The backseat is much roomier now I must say.  They both really like their new seats too.

End of year party at school.  All the boys fishing in a pool outside
 Sloan in her new carseat
Grant in his new booster seat 
On his actual birthday, we had cupcakes to celebrate 
Sloan being goofy with sunglasses 
A new hat! 
Singing at preschool graduation 
You can tell in this one that he is really into it! 




No comments: