Thursday, January 17, 2013

Sloan 15 Month Stats.....she's a lightweight!

I took Sloan to the doctor for her 15 month appointment today.  She is just such a lightweight!  The nurse and the doctor both commented on how little she is but also how vocal too, ha ha.  She was waving at everyone and saying "hey!".  Of course, that all ended when we got in the room and the nurse came in to measure her.  As soon as she took Sloan from my arms the screaming began!  Sloan is much more apprehensive of strangers than Grant.  She screamed until I picked her back up and then she was fine again.  Such a drama queen already I guess.  She preceded to do the same thing for the doctor.  She is strong and fights as hard as she can to get away.  It took all I had to hold her down without hurting her so that the doctor could look at her ears.  She lets me check them all the time at home without a sound.  I already knew that Sloan has super waxy ears but the doctor had to pull out a clump from one ear, yuk.  Her ears looked great though.  This was a relief since she has had a few ear infections over the last few months.

She now weighs a whopping 17lb 11oz (10th percentile) and that was with a diaper on.....but her height was 29 and 7/8 inches (40 percentile).

My main topic for the doctor was the fact that she is not walking yet!  The doctor told us that they don't worry about it until they are 18 months old unless the parents are extremely worried.  Since she is progressing, be it very slowly, we aren't too worried.  I really expected them to be a bit more concerned.  I tried to get Sloan to walk, holding my hands, in the office but she refused!  She pulled her feet straight up and held them there.  We all agreed that she has abs of steel!  She is very strong willed already and does things only when she wants to.....no forcing her to do anything right now! 

She got 2 shots this time. Hep B and the combo shot of DTaP/HiB/Polio.  She has done fine with no reactions.  We refused MMR (which I give them at 2 years old) and Chicken Pox (which she will get at 3 years old).  My mental limit is 2 shots per visit and I don't know where that came from really.  I just know how sore my arm is with 1 vaccine so I just can't bring myself to let them have more than 2 at a time.  And we have had zero reactions to any shots so far......either it works or it's luck!

No comments: