Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Grant Stories!

Grant is very observant.  He recently saw me brushing my teeth in the morning and asked me..."why are you brushing your teeth now and not before you go to sleep?".  I told him that I brushed them in the morning and at night.  He then asked our nanny when she brushed her teeth and she said the same thing of course.  I have actually been trying to figure out when he should start brushing them twice a day.  So, he woke up a few days ago and said he wanted to brush his teeth when he wakes up every day.  So now every morning he brushes his own teeth all by himself.  We still brush them for him at night to make sure they are good and clean. 

One of his new favorite things is a stool.  He has always had a stool in the bathroom but I have one of those folding stools in the laundry room.  He has high jacked it and carries all over the place to reach anything up high.  Now he can get to about anything on the counters.  Whenever I am cooking, he immediately goes and grabs his stool and says "I want to help, let me get my stool!".  Ha ha.

Grant wakes up on any given day between 7am and 8:30am and there is no rhyme or reason as to when it will be.  He will scream "mommy, come and get me.  I'm awake!"  and then we go get him.  Now that his room is farther away, it is a little harder to hear him when he wakes up.  So he will start yelling louder and louder.  I worry that he will wake Sloan up with his yelling.  So I told him last week that he could turn his flashlight on, reach over and turn off his noise machine, turn the light on and get up.  He sleeps with a flashlight since we have never used night lights with our kids.  We made the mistake of letting him sleep with it one night and the rest is history.  So he can turn it on if needs to and then can turn it back off.  Yesterday morning was the first time that he actually took my advice.....I heard a whispering "mommy, mommy" coming down the hallway at 7:15am.  He was up and very proud that he did it all by himself!  This morning I had to wake him up at 7:45am for school so we will see what happens tomorrow. 

Sloan has taken a new liking to shoes!  I am so proud, just kidding!  We keep the kids shoes in the wine rack (well it used to be a wine rack) in the kitchen.  She pulls them all down but now has a favorite pair....which happens to be Grant's favorite tennis shoes!  She likes to put each hand in a shoe and crawl around.  He does NOT like her messing with his shoes.  He has now taken all of his shoes out of the wine rack and put them in the coat closet so she can't get to them.  This seems to be a trend with anything that he really likes......sibling rivalry right!  He will have his work cut out for him when she gets a little older and bigger!

No comments: