Thursday, December 6, 2012

Preschool Fun, Santa, and a stressful little Elf

Grant and I have been busy doing lots of holiday stuff over the past week.  Saturday we went to Home Depot Kids Workshop and he built a holiday picture frame.  He also got to see Santa at Home Depot which was an added bonus.  We then went to a Candy Cane Hunt and Grant got like 30 miniature candy canes.

Preschool has one of the greatest ideas I have ever seen for kids.  Every family sends in a few little gifts that could be for moms or dads.  Then each child is given a dollar bill and enters the "Store", which is a room at the church made to look like a store with all of the things that families sent in.  Each child picks out a gift for mom and dad and takes it up to the register and pays their dollar.  Then, they take the gift to the wrapping station and have each one wrapped.  I volunteered to help with this event and it was so cute!  It is fascinating to see what each child picks out too.  I got the benefit of watching Grant, from a distance, pick out our gifts.  He picked me out a back scrubber and bath gel set....strange choice but funny!  I didn't see exactly what he picked out for Luke but it looked like a little electronic gadget.

I bought Grant the "Elf on the Shelf" movie and the Elf's name in the movie is Chippy.  So, now our Elf's new name is Chippy.....last year it was Buddy.  However, Grant doesn't seem to want to leave our elf alone.  He finds him everyday and then pretends to fly him all over the house.  Last night, Luke and I looked all over the house and could not find Chippy.  Grant had no idea where he was either.  This is a stressful little elf already, ha ha.  We ended up giving up and then Ms. Kasie, our nanny, found him stuffed in his bookshelf this morning. 

Grant said to me on the way to school this morning, "Did you know that Baby Jesus birthday is Christmas?" I said Yes and he said "I like Baby Jesus".  It was cute and out of nowhere like most of his funny comments. 

Sloan now says "Ho Ho Ho" when she sees a Santa.  She also gets on the floor with Grant's cars and makes a "vroom vroom" sound.  She is cutting more teeth, namely the top two teeth next to her front teeth.  Teething seems to bother her more than it did Grant.  Her teeth take forever to come all the way in so I think that is why it is worse.  She is still not walking but will walk around everything holding on to something.  She can climb the stairs super fast and also knows how to turn around and go down backwards. 

Candy Cane Hunt
Home Depot Santa
 Play Doh time
 Done shopping at preschool.  And yes, his hair looks crazy most days....nothing will make it lay down so I have given up.


No comments: