Grant has now learned the art of lying for sure. He will say "I am just trickin you mommy". He will do this with the smallest things just to get his way. For example, after reading books tonight I told him night night and walked out of the room. He then started yelling "I have to go poo poo mommy!". I knew he had already done this earlier in the day and he usually only goes once per day....too much information, sorry. However, I went back in and took him to the potty. He sat there and didn't do anything. I said to him, "Did you really have to go poo poo? Or did you just want to get out of bed again?" His response was "I was just trickin' you mommy!" and laughed with this evil little laugh. Ugh! He went right to bed after that though. Smart little guy.....he may just be too smart!
We have been talking about Santa a lot lately. I told him that Santa is watching him so he better be a good boy or he may not get toys for Christmas. He looked at me and said, "No he's not! I can't see Santa so he can't see me!". A bit more intuitive than I expected at 3 years old! Luke said we need to go with the story that we will report back to Santa. Guess that is the new strategy....
I had Grant's first ever parent/teacher conference today. His teachers said he is doing great. They said he is a "talker" and he and another little boy are the natural born leaders in the class. He gets the talking part honestly.....from me! He is ahead on his drawing abilities and knows all of his letters. He can trace his name and draw stick figures which they said was advanced. However, he doesn't recognize numbers yet. That is my fault since we haven't put any focus on that yet. He shares great at school too......wish that would follow him home a little more. I did find out that they have a timer at school and when the bell rings, the next kid gets whatever it is they are fighting over. Not a bad technique. They said he is VERY conversational and asks more questions than any other child. His speech is still not perfect but that is to be expected for his age. None of it was a surprise so I guess that is a good thing.
Sloan is into hitting these days! She hits everything and her favorite thing is to try and smack us in the face and then laugh. I swear she knows what she is doing too. I say "no no" but that doesn't seem to do a thing except make her want to do it again for the reaction. Feisty little girl already!
I gave our nanny the day off for her birthday and took Grant and Sloan to Chuck e Cheese. Grant loves it and Sloan actually had a pretty good time too. I got some cute pictures of Sloan but Grant was too busy to get any good ones of him. I had to ration the tokens so that he would keep coming back to check in with me. It's a good thing that it isn't busy at all there during the week so I didn't have to worry about losing him. He runs around like a mad man putting tokens in and winning tickets. When we went to cash in his tickets for toys, he wanted a toy that was way more tickets than what he had. He looked at the lady behind the counter after I told him no and said, "please can I have that blue ball with a sad look on his face". I totally expected her to say no but she said "of course you can and you have the prettiest blue eyes". Those pretty blue eyes may cause us some problems one day, ha ha!
Sloan has picked up a little cold. Her nose has been running off and on but it seems to be getting better already. Hoping it will be gone for good in the next couple of days.
This was at Luke's birthday dinner at a mexican restaurant
Chuck e Cheese!






No comments:
Post a Comment