Saturday, November 3, 2012

Happy Halloween, New Toy and New Skill

Grant had the best time this Halloween!  He really understood the concept of Trick or Treating.  It was REALLY cold that night so Luke and Sloan stayed home and handed out candy while Grant and I hit the neighborhood.  He went right up to each house and said "Trick or Treat" and then said "Thank You".  We went to at least 30-40 houses and halfway through he made me dump out his candy because it was getting too heavy!  Luckily I had several pockets in my jacket to stuff his candy into...lol!  I let him stay up later and he ended up not taking a bath.  That is one of the first times in his little life that he hasn't had a bath before bed.  He was so tired that he didn't seem to care and I was tired too.  He has opened and tasted almost all of the candy he got.  I figured I would just let him indulge for a few days.  He doesn't really like chocolate that much so he will take a small bite and toss it.  He loves sweet tarts, gummies, suckers, and stuff like that.  He is having a hard time understanding that Halloween is over now though.  He has been begging to have his costume back.  I packed them all up or else he would be Super Why everyday!  He also keeps asking to walk around the block to look at the blow ups.  But they are all gone now.  He is also begging me to go ahead and put up the Christmas blow ups we bought last year.....at this point they will probably be in the yard by the end of the weekend.  

Grant got to wear his costume to school and had a Halloween Party.  The school is great about taking pictures and posting them to their internal website where parents can access them.  It's funny to see what he is doing during his time there.

Funny Grant story:  We were playing with his trains earlier today and I had one that he wanted.  He looked at me and said "mommy, sharing is caring".  I laughed and made him repeat what he said to make sure I heard it right.  I gave him the train and said that is a great little saying.  However, when I asked for another train he didn't want to share.  I repeated his phrase back to him and he gave me a sad look as he handed over a train.  I swear!  He learned this saying in school.

Sloan can now crawl really fast up the stairs!  I am working on teaching her to turn around and go down on her stomach but she definitely doesn't have it down yet (see the picture below...yikes).  Luke and I got busy tonight in the kitchen with Grant for a few minutes and suddenly realized how quiet it was......Sloan was halfway up the stairs!  She laughs hysterically when you chase after her!  The second child has to be a survivor, ha ha. 

I have had it on my list to teach her to use a straw for a while now but I finally got around to it this week.  It only took about 5 minutes!  At first, she blew on it and then she sucked and the rest is history.  Way easier than I expected. 

We are officially done with bottles!  Wooo hoooo!  I could have done it a few weeks ago but gave her a little more time.  This week I switched her bottle before bed to her sippy cup with some water/juice.  Easy transition so far. 

Sloan knows what she wants now too!  She is always pointing and saying something that sounds like "keees".  We don't know what it is but she says it when she wants something.  We are thinking it could be "this" maybe.  We do start picking up things and saying "this?" to see if that is what she wants.  She still loves her little "doggie" and if you tell her to "love the doggie", she will put it up to her neck and hug it and go "mmmmm".  She can also almost blow kisses now when I tell her to. 

A girl I work with gave me a little pink scooter that her daughter had outgrown.  Grant loves it!  He got really upset when I made him get off so Sloan could sit on it.  She liked playing the music but obviously is not ready to ride yet.  Grant has been riding it around the house even though he is a bit too big for it.

Getting ready for Trick or Treating!  Grant's new camera face is looking up in the air.....awful!  Sloan refuses to smile for us in pictures.

 Running from house to house
 In front of the best decorated house in our neighborhood....the lights and smoke are set to music!
 Enjoying her new scooter
 Grant trying to get her off
 Up the stairs she goes....
 Not the ideal way to get back down....
 Spiderman and Super Why are flying at school
 Halloween Party at school
 Not sure what they are doing here
 Halloween Day at school
 Pumpkin Patch at school.....Grant is on the far left in stripes


No comments: