We had a fun weekend celebrating my birthday and attending the church Christmas Craft market. Grant and I went to have some fun on Saturday at our church. They have an annual craft market for kids and it was awesome. Each craft station is a dollar and I could have never come up with some of the awesome little crafts. He made a little bag out of pockets from jeans, a penguin out of a bubble bottle, Christmas tree out of a sugar cone, a turkey plate made from his hand print, and a ginger bread house that was super cute. I actually dropped his ginger bread house and it crumbled.....so they ended up giving him the model that they made which was so perfect that I hated when he started pulling the candy off to eat it. He also got to sit in Santa's lap. He had such a long conversation on what he wanted that they had to interrupt him so other kids could get a turn, ha ha! He asked for a Robot (totally random) and I didn't hear the rest. I never know what will come out of his mouth. We will have the pictures soon and I will post them. We are taking both kids this weekend to see Santa.
Sloan's new favorite thing is to sit in chairs....by herself! She will go to the recliner in our living room and the chair in her room and point and say something that sounds like "that!". She will say it over and over and then get really upset if you don't put her in the chair. Then, if you try to sit with her she will get so mad! Grant came up and put his hand on the chair tonight and she pushed his hand away! The girl knows what she wants! She is talking all of the time but not much we can understand still. She will just babble away and then start laughing sometimes......it is so funny to watch. Her new trick is wiggling out of the car seat straps. She puts her tiny little arms up under the straps and gets them out. I have it as tight as I can get it without hurting her so I just let her ride that way now. Thank goodness the one between her legs is secure!
Sloan is an expert now at blowing kisses and playing peekaboo, it is very cute! She knows where her belly button is and we are working on her ears and nose. She gets them right half the time.
I bought some shirts, that were not onesies, and monogrammed them. They are so cute but we quickly learned that she can take them off easily! I should have taken a "before" picture but I didn't. I will have to get one next time she wears it. She pulls the shirt up over her head and behind her back. Let's hope this trend doesn't continue into the teenage years! She is also starting to pull the bows out of her hair, ugh!
Grant making his little bag
Holding his penguin craft. He loved the snowman and asked when we would get snow.
Grant and I on my birthday. I went back to my natural hair color but not so sure it will stay this way long. I am still getting used to it.
Sloan in another chair

No comments:
Post a Comment