Our house has been an infirmary for the past few days now and it is not fun. Sloan caught a cold and it has turned into Bronchiolitis (aka lots of wheezing). I can handle a runny nose and cough but not wheezing! Grant has caught it too but just has a cough and a runny nose. The younger they are the worse this stuff is in my experience. Grant had Bronchiolitis at almost the same age as Sloan so I had some experience under my belt this time around. She was put on breathing treatments (albuterol) yesterday but she was still wheezing after her treatment this morning. So, I took her back to the pediatrician this afternoon. I am sure I have some "crazy mama" remarks in her file now since I got into with the doctor pretty bad. I wanted her to get Prednisone (which is what finally got rid of Grant's wheezing when he had this) and the doctor was pushing back. If anyone knows me well, they know that I don't take no for an answer when I really want something and an MD behind your name doesn't mean you know everything that is right for your child. He did a breathing treatment in the office and she was still wheezing some afterwards which he tried to say was normal. He said that she just had to let it work its way out of her system. Long story short, we went home with Prednisone (mama 1, doctor 0) and she got her first dose tonight. So, cross your fingers that she wakes up tomorrow without wheezing. She is already sleeping better tonight and it has only been a couple of hours. She has been sleeping but very restless and all over the crib the past few nights.
Funny Grant story....Since I pulled Grant out of daycare (at 8 months old), he has not been sick until now. So, a runny nose has freaked him out a little. He comes and says he needs a wipe with the slightest bit of snot coming out of his nose. So at naptime, he was yelling for a wipe every few minutes before he actually fell asleep. In all of my creativity (or lack thereof) I gave him a roll of toilet paper in his crib and told him to pull a piece off, blow his nose and throw it on the floor. I went back in after he woke up and there was a pile of toilet paper! It was so funny but it kept me from having to go in there every time he needed it, lol!
On a positive note, Sloan has learned how to clap her hands! We have been doing Patty Cake this past week and she picked it up very quickly. She is also trying to wave now which is very cute. She is crawling several feet a time now and actually pulled herself up to her knees to get to a toy this past weekend. We caught her trying to sit herself up twice now but it was unsuccessful....and I am not totally convinced that she realized what she was even doing.
Monday, June 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment