Saturday, June 23, 2012

Camp Houston

Luke and I went on a vacation for week without kids and had a great time!  CeCe and Papa Bill had a very busy week while we were gone.  The week started a bit rough since both Grant and Sloan were sick.  It is just my luck that they both catch something right before I want to go relax somewhere, lol.  Grant ended up with an ear infection and I got him meds right before I left.  This was his first illness since he was 8 months old!  Poor little Sloan ended up with Bronchitis and mom had to take her to an urgent care (which we found right before I left just in case, thank goodness).  She got some meds and got better quick after that.  The grandparents got way more than they bargained for but we really appreciated it!  Juggling both of them at their ages is no easy task!

Grant had a great time and is still talking about all of the fun things he did.  He got to swim, pick blackberries and eat them, terrorize the cats, ride his bike, visit with JW and play endlessly with Uncle Rhett who I am sure has a new perspective on how much time and energy kids take, ha ha!  Grant also learned a new word,  "holy crap" thanks to Papa Bill.  I guess it could be way worse.  Grant now uses it in perfect context but says "holy crappers".  I have to stop myself from laughing because it is really funny to hear it come out of his mouth. 

Sloan has now tried eggs, pieces of a biscuit and....don't judge but McDonald's french fries!  She loves the fries and so do Grant and I.  She is still mostly on baby food but we are starting the real foods.  She is also crawling faster and faster everyday now.  She is sitting herself up now sometimes.  She continues to be much more verbal than Grant ever was.  She loves to clap her hands all the time now.  Bath time has become a challenge sometimes since she is trying to stand up on the edge now.  She has zero balance so you have literally keep a hand on her the entire time. 

Playing ball inside with Rhett
Sloan loved the drums, probably because they make so much noise
 Grant loved the boat in the pool

 Nana and Sloan.....check out Sloan's rockin' hair...thanks CeCe
 CeCe had some fun with a tutu and pearls...



 Grant and Sloan hanging out at the pool

 Riding in the jeep....well...sitting in the jeep
 I have no clue what prompted this craziness!  Thanks Papa Bill
 JW and Sloan


No comments: