Grant is asking to hold Sloan a lot now. He says "mommy, I want to hold Sloan on couch". I only let him hold her when he sitting on the couch for obvious reasons. He is very gentle but still has enough toddler in him to forget that he can hurt her. For example, he constantly tries to push her around in the walker and wants her to go faster. It is funny to watch them though...she will smile at him if he just looks at her and talks and it takes way more than that from me sometimes.
We went to a friend's (Sadie) birthday party. Grant had a great time! The slides were pretty high but he never hesitated....just went right up there, slid down and went back again and again.
Sloan sitting up. She still falls some but it's getting better. She will reach for something and forget to catch herself and topple over. I am really wanting her to get really sturdy sitting up so she can sit up in the bath tub! That will make bath time much easier for us too since they will be able to bathe together then.
I got Grant some flowers to plant with Ms Kasie (his nanny) and he is really good at watering them everyday. It takes all he has got to not pick all of the flowers off though. He likes to pick flowers and bring them inside and put them in a bowl of water.
I gave Sloan a sippy cup for the first time and she did okay but is far from understanding the concept. She bites everything these days so she bit down on the nipple and it came pouring out into her mouth. Which she then just let it all run out of her mouth. She did enjoy holding it though. This is a work in progress....
Her latest skill....getting up on all fours! She has started the "rocking" which usually precedes crawling. I think her limited mobility is coming to an end soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment