Sunday, June 12, 2011

Grilling and Swim Lessons

We have been getting lots of use out of the grill these days.....and Grant has been using his a lot too! Corn is one of his favorite foods right now and he loves to eat it right off the cobb.

We went to swim lessons again today and Grant still loves it! Today, they learned how to blow bubbles in the water, use their arms to swim after ducks, dunk their heads under water without being scared and let go and swim to someone else. One little girl in his class cries the entire time so we are thankful that Grant is not like that. When the instructor asked Grant to swim towards him from Luke, he went for it and did great. Another kid cried when he got to the instructor but not Grant. I think he would go to anyone, ha! They said that it is important to get the kids used to being with other people in the water since the next class up has no parents in the water.


I don't think this is how you are supposed to eat the corn!

I can grill too!
He started eating it before it was even cooked!

Grant giving the instructor a high five with a duck!


Swimming after ducks to get the arm movements correct. Pretty creative way to teach them I thought.

He can get out of the pool now all by himself. He even says the instructions while he is doing it...so funny..."elbow, elbow, leg...."


Blowing bubbles


No comments: