Grant and I also went to the Dragon Con parade for the first time. It was full of Sci-Fi characters and he really enjoyed it.
Grant has been playing soccer this fall and really enjoys it. He has gotten much more aggressive and has scored goals in almost every game.
I recently had parent-teacher conferences at both of their schools. Grant is doing great and his only area of improvement was "talking too much". That sounds so familiar....I was the same way, lol. He is our social butterfly but also a rule follower.
Meanwhile, Sloan is not as much of a rule follower unless she understands the "why" behind the rule. Her teacher said she is very smart and asks tons of questions. She said Sloan wants to know what is about to happen before it happens. All of the kids in her class go to her and ask how to do things. They call her "the boss" evidently, lol. I tried to clarify that with Sloan and said "are you sure they don't call you 'bossy'?" and she said "No mommy, they call me 'the boss'". Her teacher all but confirmed this. She is a leader evidently and loves to be in control.
Swings at the Fair
Sloan at school
At Grant's soccer game - she will play next year
Dragon Con Parade
No comments:
Post a Comment