Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas and Potty Training

We had a wonderful Christmas this year! Grant was so excited for Santa this year. We really thought he would be up at the crack of dawn but thankfully we were wrong. Both kids slept until almost 8am...woo hoo! Some of their gifts included: Grant got a new bike, an iPad mini (I know a bit much for a 4 year old but he LOVES it), a remote control helicopter, lots of new board games and puzzles, Star Wars action figures and the complete movie set (yes, all 6 movies), Transformers, a personalized Chair,lots of Octonauts stuff and more I am not remembering right now. Sloan got a ton of Little People stuff (Princess castle, bus, car, airplane, etc.), a dollhouse, bath toys, a walking kitty, a personalized chair, a cash register and more. They both loved everything they got and we are very thankful! Two extremely over-indulged kids but it is fun to watch their excitement!

Sloan's new favorite phrase is "come here, I need to tell you something" and then she tries to whisper but you can't understand her. She is always asking where Jon Walter is and it is funny. They spent some time together at my mom's house and she enjoyed it obviously, lol.

The potty training began on Christmas Day! And Sloan is proving much tougher than Grant on this process. We are now on Day 7 and she has FINALLY started telling us when she has to go. Whew! A ton of wet panties in the last week! I was honestly beginning to think we may have to wait a little while and do this again in a few months. But she is so smart and tells us to change her diaper when she is wet...so she IS ready. Good thing that I am just as stubborn and persistent as she is! She had one accident yesterday and none today so far. I actually got confident enough to take them both to run errands this morning and she did great. I took our car potty with us and she used it twice while we were out. I also had spare panties and pants but didn't need them, yay! The pooping is not as good yet. She will usually start to go and then say "I need to go poo poo". Not horrible since it is only once a day. I think she will be trained in the next week or so. I am off this week so my hope was to have it done before I went back to work....and I think it will happen now. I am still putting her in a diaper for naps and bedtime until I am sure she will be dry the entire time. I value my sleep too much to be getting up changing sheets in the middle of the night, ha ha!













No comments: