Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Soccer picture, Aquarium Fun, Christmas Cookies, Cowboy Christmas and a Tricycle

I think that I forgot to post Grant's soccer picture so I have included it in this post. It is a great picture of him so I was excited when I saw it.

I took Grant to the Aquarium last week and we had a great time. He was on a mission to find some sharks and touch some sting rays. And we found some! He touched a lot of stingrays, sea urchins, starfish, and sea anemones. He really wanted to touch the baby hammerhead shark but it wouldn't come close enough while we were there. Since school wasn't out yet and we went on a weekday, there was hardly anyone there....it was awesome! He has several books about different types of sharks and fish that we read before bed. He found a lot of them and let anyone around him know what they were.....in a LOUD voice "That is a hammerhead shark!". The few people around us, including the workers, got a big laugh out of it. He made me promise that we could go back soon so he could touch the hammerhead and see more sharks. The "Behind the Scenes" tours require kids to be 7 years old so he will really love that when he gets older. I planned to take him to the Dolphin Show but he said he didn't want to go to that again, LOL.

We made Christmas cookies and Grant wanted to make blue cookies...not just red and green. So we made blue of course. The pictures look funny since they have gloves on.....but it is to keep from getting dye on everything. We also made peanut butter fudge, brownies, peppermint bark and pretzel candies! Lots of sweets around here this week!

Our Elf has been hiding all over the house each day.....I am trying hard to remember to move him. I am guilty of waking up in a panic and running downstairs to move him before the kids wake up. His name is "Buddy". Funny story....our original "Buddy" is in storage so I bought the girl elf this year so they could each have one next year. Grant hasn't even noticed that it is a girl thank goodness, ha ha. Grant has a huge advent calendar in his room now. He is religious about waking up and moving the stuffed candy cane to a new day/number. I never even have to ask him. It has been a great way for him to know when Christmas will be. He gets very excited when he gets to move the candy cane to a new row. He is already asking what day he can open a gift and I told him on the "24". He was really confused at why there is not a "25" for Christmas Day. I never really thought about it but ours doesn't have a spot for the actual day.

Grant's preschool Christmas Party was a Cowboy theme. I am really not sure where that came from but we just went with it obviously. All of the kids were asked to dress up. He made a cute little cowboy! I just realized that he didn't have his boots on in this picture and he was thrilled to be wearing cowboy boots! The preschool keeps me busy, that's for sure, ha ha. They made cowboy ornaments that are really cute. He also brought home "reindeer oats" that we have spread out in the yard so Santa will know where to come. It is basically Oatmeal in a bag and Grant really likes oatmeal......he has eaten half the bag himself, lol!

Sloan can reach the pedals on the tricycle so she has been practicing her pedaling skills. She is definitely not there yet but starting to get the hang of it.

We are almost done with diapers in our house.....throw a party....woo hoo! I am going to potty train Sloan while I am home for the next 2 weeks. I am hoping it goes smoothly. She is definitely ready! She tells us when she has to pee and poop and will say "mom, need to change my diaper" and go get a diaper and lay down, ha ha. She calls toilet paper a "napkin". She will pee on the potty and say "I need a napkin".








No comments: