Sunday, January 19, 2014

Potty Training Update, Preschool PJ Party, and More

Sloan is continuing to do great with potty training.  She is 100% pee trained no matter where we go which is fabulous.....but we do note where the bathrooms are as soon as go somewhere, LOL!  She is still not quite there on the pooping though.  She will say "I need to go poo poo" like 5 times but nothing happens when she sits on the potty and then she will say "I need to go poo poo, oh no went poo poo!".  She recognizes it but just hasn't mastered it yet.  Thank goodness that only happens once a day or less, ha.

Sloan is our little "boss"!  She loves to tell everyone what to do all of the time.  She also says "Watch me" a lot and will grab your face if you are close enough and repeat it if you are not paying attention to her.  She has picked up on our first names too.  So she will now yell "Melanie" or "Luke" and laugh because she knows we will correct her and say mommy and daddy.  She loves to feed Mason biscuits and dog food.  She has to have 2 biscuits and if I hand her 1, she will say "no, I want 2 biscuits".  But she is now very sneaky about giving him other food too.  She will take a snack food (chip, wheat thin, cheese, etc.) and take him around the corner and break off tiny pieces and feed him.  We have caught her red handed a few times now.  Of course, Mason follows her everywhere she goes now......and I think she knows that is why. Sloan is also demanding to walk up the stairs instead of crawl.  She can barely reach the railing but somehow manages to grab the rail and walk up the steps.  Of course, we are right behind her and I am NOT encouraging this right now.  She is just so head strong and determined to do everything by herself.  She can count to 11 perfect every time now.  She can sing her ABCs really well and sings lots of different songs (favorite at the moment is "Wheels on the Bus").  She is becoming an expert jumper and loves to spin around until she is to dizzy to stand.

Grant had Pajama Day at school and I was the party mom for this one.  I was tasked with cooking pancakes and sausage links for all of the kids.  I am always amazed how much kids eat when they are not at home with their parents.  There are 16 kids in his class.  I cooked over 40 pancakes and 40 sausage links and they were all gone when I left! Grant ate 3 pancakes and a sausage link (he has refused to eat sausage at home).  He was so full that he didn't eat lunch though, ha!  All of the kids wore their pajamas and brought their favorite stuffed animal.  Grant brought his Build A Bear that he just got, which is a Red Panda with a Darth Vader outfit. 

Grant loves his mini iPad and I think he would stay on it all day if we let him.  He is now reading some short words such as "is, the, and".  He is also starting to do some simple addition.

Grant is now 40lbs and Sloan is coming in at almost 21lbs (what she lacks in weight, she makes up for in personality).

Sloan in her big girl panties!


 Grant with his sword
 She never quits talking....I caught her mid sentence...


 Pajama Day at School
 Grant's Class
 Grant in his angry bird pajamas holding his Darth Vader stuffed Red Panda


1 comment:

Tom Wilson said...

Like mother, like daughter. I remember when you went to stay with Nana and Papa when you were little, and you wouldn't let anyone move your suitcase from the bottom of the stairs for the whole week haha.