I was out of town this week for a few days with work but now I am back and have some funny stuff to share. I had to go to a meeting from Monday to Wednesday and I got my first "I missed you mommy" from Grant when I walked in the door last night. But it was promptly followed by "can I watch Disney Junior on your iPad?"......not sure if he missed me or my iPad more!
Grant can now write his name! We were at a restaurant with chalk tables and he wrote his name without us even asking him to do it. I took a picture of course. It still needs a little work but we were very impressed!
Grant has also started telling jokes or what he thinks are jokes. He must have learned this from someone in his summer camp classes. This is how it goes.....he will say "How do you drive a car without a steering wheel?" and then he says "that's silly" and laughs so hard. Like I said, not real jokes but he sure thinks they are and we have to laugh.
Swim lessons are going great for Grant. He is now holding his breath and going a couple of feet down to retrieve rings. He is swimming a little further now without any floats but I am not ready to say he knows how to swim yet.
Sloan is cutting 2 more teeth now on the top so she has been a bit grumpy this week. Advil has been our friend a few times I must say. She continues to want to do everything that Grant does and copies him too. I always forget what I have written about the phrases she says so I may repeat some. Some that she says a lot now are: "what's that noise?", "Thunder goes boom boom", "I want a sucker please", "I want to see that", What's that?", "Have it please", "I want cheese" and there are so many more I am not remembering.
Sloan's latest obsession is the potty. She is very interested in sitting on the potty. And she wants her "diaper off" as she says. So I take off her shoes, shorts, and diaper and sit her up there......but she has yet to produce anything. I just bought her a little potty to practice with before her baths since the big potty is huge for her right now. She continues to tell us when she poops and will even go get the diapers and diaper cream and lay down to be changed. She is still a little young to go cold turkey but we are going to start getting her ready. She has also started waking up dry a lot more lately. The thought of being done with diapers is really exciting though!
We went to Lowe's this past weekend to look at a bunch of stuff and the kids loved it! However, Sloan refused to sit in the cart and refused to be held and refused to hold our hand! She would only hold Grant's hand! How funny is that.....crazy girl. He had to hold her hand all over the store.
Grant's name in chalk!
Grant and Sloan in Lowe's
Sloan on the big potty
Sloan trying out the carpet!
She still loves to hand feed Mason
Coloring at the Vet office
Grocery Store fun!
Another one of him with his name

No comments:
Post a Comment