Thursday, July 25, 2013

Fabricated Stories, Swimming and New phrases!

Grant can tell a great story these days!  When I dropped him off at preschool one day this week, a teacher stopped me and said "I have a quick question for you.  "Are you an astronaut?".  I wasn't sure if she was being serious or just plain ridiculous so I laughed and said "No of course not, why?".  She preceded to tell me that Grant told multiple teachers that his mommy was an astronaut and went into elaborate details about it....even including the names of some astronauts.  I was shocked and told them I guess he got this from TV or my iPad.  He never ceases to surprise me!  The teachers got a huge laugh out of this one and they really believed him.  I guess it's better than him telling them that I sell drugs, ha ha.

Grant is improving every week in swim class.  He went down the slide without any float on.  He went under water, came back up and swam a couple of feet to the instructor.  It was impressive to see how fast he is picking it up.

Sloan now has a new phrase when she is eating.  She will say "I don't like it, spit it out" and then lean forward and wait for you to hold your hand out or a wipe so she can spit it out. 

Sloan likes to get in everyone's lap, especially Grants


Sloan now thinks it is so funny to go down the steps on her bottom and she says "ready, set, go" and then plops to the next step 

One of Grant's favorite foods....CORN!

She loves to walk Mason and now she tells him in a VERY southern accent, "Come owwwn Mason!" 


No comments: