Friday, May 30, 2014

Grant is 5!

Grant had a great 5th birthday party at a local stable.  Almost his entire class showed up and family and friends.....we had a great turnout!  All of the kids got to ride ponies and then we all had pizza and cake.  Grant loved riding the ponies but Sloan was not so sure.  I did get her to sit on a pony a couple of times but that was about it.

Grant is going for his 5 year check up next week so I will post stats then. 

We went to the lake for memorial day and Grant took a spill and ended up in the emergency room.  He busted his chin open and had to get 5 stitches.  He did so great in the ER and didn't cry at all until Luke walked in at the end.  They put a big needle straight in his chin around 7 times to numb it before it was stitched.  I was honestly shocked.....I would have been crying lol.  It took all I had to sit and watch.  I was squeezing his wrist really hard while they were giving him the shots to try and put his focus on that.....not sure that helped at all but it made me feel better.  We go to get the stitches out tomorrow hopefully.  He is our accident prone child for sure.

A few Sloan updates.....she is a blanket girl.  She has 2 blankets that she calls her "soft blankets" and she LOVES them.  She has to have them at night to sleep.  I actually forgot them when I dropped the kids off at my parents when we went out of town.  I had to get our pet sitter to over night them to her.  She was much happier after they got there, ha.  She is now pooping in the potty consistently so we are now potty trained.  Our only hurdle is that she still wears a diaper for naps and nights.  Hoping to resolve that soon.  She weighs 22lbs now!  She wants to actually walk up and down the stairs by herself.  She can do it too!  A little scary but we just stay right there with her.  She can be so brave with some things yet so terrified of other things.  Her determination to get what she wants is well represented in a picture below.  Grant got Starbursts and she really wanted them.  I really didn't want her to have them since they are so chewy (I was worried she would choke on them)....so I put them up high in the pantry.  She saw me do it and when I turned around, she was climbing the shelves to get one.  I ended up giving her one after that, crazy girl!
 

Our nanny, Penni, came to Grant's party


Grant, Sloan and Jon Walter


Sloan's face says it all!

Grant with some of his classmates getting ready to ride


Grant with Reece and Campbell




 Grant loves his new Big Wheel....glad they still make them!

Sloan trying to reach the candy I had put up high....she was pretty determined! 


No comments: