The kids had fun with St. Patty's Day this year. Grant had a party in his pre-school class and took everyone green beads and gold coins. We also made shamrock cookies that he decorated with green sprinkles. Sloan had fun with the beads....let's hope that doesn't predict any future acts on her part, lol!
Grant continues to improve in his T-Ball skills. He can now hit the ball pretty far off the tee and is running to first base now instead of home plate. They don't really keep any score and I don't know that we could even if we tried right now. Every kid gets to go around all of the bases. They are all learning the rules of the game and just getting them to pick up the ball and throw it is a challenge sometimes. Every kid wants to get the ball so as soon as it is hit....they all swarm to that part of the field (even they outfielders come running in, ha). Sloan likes to watch and enjoys her numerous suckers during practices and games!
I took Grant to Trader Joe's and he loved it. They have kid sized carts and he thought that was the best thing ever! He didn't like it when his cart got full and it was harder to push though. And he thought that he could get anything he wanted so he was putting all kinds of stuff in there that "we needed".
Sloan is our little "control freak". She wants to control everything and she is happy as a lark. If something doesn't go her way, she is not a happy camper. And it is "two of everything" in our house now....and it has to be exactly the same! If Grant gets something to eat or play with, she wants it and vice versa. And she thinks she can do anything he can and I dare you to tell her that she can't! Normal sibling stuff I guess but it is a work in progress. She also wants to dress and undress herself which triples the time and is a real pain when I am in a hurry. She continues to do great with potty training although the poop is still something she is not perfect on. She never has pee accidents though. She is in underwear all day except I put her in diapers for her nap still and she will wait sometimes and poop right after her nap. I am going to have to get rid of the diapers during this time I think to rid her of this process. I am waiting a little longer though before I do that. Grant was definitely easier than Sloan on this so whoever said "boys are harder to potty train" is just crazy! Might be personality too....I just thought Grant was head strong but we have all met our match with Sloan!
Friday, March 28, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment