We went to return a duplicate toy that Grant got for his birthday finally. It was at the Learning Express store and I told him that he could get whatever he wanted that was in the same price range. He saw the frogs (yes they are alive) on the checkout counter and that was it! That is all he wanted so we now have 2 pet frogs. The store said they are very low maintenance so we shall see. They have to be fed only 2 times a week which has already been an issue. Grant wants to feed them everyday. The kids fight over who gets to sit closest and neither of them wants the other to touch the tank. I am hoping the novelty wears down a little soon.
Sloan is getting more teeth so now she has 13 or maybe 14. She will bite me when I try to look so I have to be careful, ha. She now understands how to negotiate which is pretty funny. If she wants something and I need her to do something else, I can say "if you sit down, I will get you the frogs" and she will promptly sit down. It has come in handy for many things. Grant is officially "brother" to her. That is all she will call him. She now says "mommy at home" when I come in from work and runs over to give me a hug. Her vocabulary continues to grow and shock us daily. She says "brush teeth" now in the bathtub since she sees Grant brushing his teeth. She has a toothbrush and will brush her teeth and then try to spit like Grant. It is so funny to watch. She tries to copy everything he does, good and bad!
Grant has started swim lessons again. His first lesson was this past weekend and he did great. He is doing one on one lessons this time. He took his back float off for the second half and was starting to get the hang of it. The goal is to be swimming by the end of summer so we shall see.
Just when you think your child would NEVER do something......IT HAPPENS! This weekend we are all in the house and Grant runs over all of the sudden screaming and holding his nose. He was sticking his finger up his nose and freaking out so we couldn't understand what he was saying. I honestly thought he had a bugger and then it started bleeding since that has happened before. But he was acting different. I immediately pulled his finger out of his nose and said what is wrong and calmed him down. He looked up and I saw something yellow in his nose. He had gotten Reese's Pieces after swim class and shoved one up his nose! I held the other nostril shut and said blow really hard.......and it shot out across the room! Thank goodness he didn't get it up there too far. His nose was bleeding too. He said he was just playing and then it got stuck. We had a nice little conversation about not sticking things in your nose or ears! It scared him so I don't think he will be doing that again.
Our new pet frogs!
Swim class
Some stroller fun! They had a blast taking turns pushing each other around the house.
No comments:
Post a Comment