Saturday, September 22, 2012

Reading, Prayer and a New Toy!

We have been very busy the past couple of weeks so I haven't had as much time to post.  Sloan is still babbling away all the time.  We think she can almost say "juice" but I still am not sold on it yet.  She says a lot but nothing that can be understood just yet.  She appears to be a mama's girl just like her brother!  This will change one day so I guess I should enjoy it while it lasts.  She started to cry tonight when I walked out of the room when Luke was bathing her.  It was sad but I had to get back to Grant who was yelling in the other tub for something, lol! 
Grant has finally figured out "yesterday" and "tomorrow"....he understands what they mean and said them both right today for the first time.  He used to say "last morning" for yesterday and we haven't heard that lately.  He is constantly asking questions and there is never an end to most of them.....the never ending "but why?".  So, I started responding with "what do you think?".  He looked at me yesterday and said "No, YOU talk, not me!".  Lovely.
He is learning a lot in preschool already.  He can now say the prayer "God is great, God is good...." which is very cute.  Although the version is a bit different than what I learned so I always get a few words wrong....I am working on it because Grant does not appreciate me messing it up.  After he says it, he will look at me and say "Now, you say it!". 
We have been reading a new book at bedtime, "Big Dog, Little Dog" which is a Dr. Seuss book.  We had read it several nights in a row. The other night he wouldn't let me hold the book and I couldn't read the words the way HE was holding it.  So, I told him that I couldn't read it.  He looks at me and says, "I will read it to you mom".  I thought yeh right...this should be interesting.  He proceeds to read almost the entire book!  Only missing a few words....his memory never ceases to amaze me!  I was in utter shock and came downstairs and told Luke how crazy it was.  The book is not paragraphs but it is not single sentences either.  He proved me wrong and got a lot of amusement out of it!

Helping unload groceries!

 No clue what this pose is....I was trying to get one of them together outside but we all know how easy that is, ha ha!
 New Toy....aka my latest kids consignment sale purchase!  My new found love is shopping children's consignment sales.  Sloan and Grant love this one!

 Grant likes to run around the house after dinner each night...he says "let's go wun!"

No comments: