Friday, September 28, 2012

Preschool - Learning good and bad stuff

Grant LOVES preschool and we hear about different kids everyday when he comes home.  Who cried, who didn't eat their snack, who he played with, etc etc. etc.  It is interesting for me since I am a self described control freak over certain areas including my kids.  When they start school, you have to give up knowing exactly what they are doing all day.  Not an easy task for me but I am getting used to it.  He has learned so many wonderful things at school....but with everything good......comes a little not so good!  Grant came home today and said "stupid" randomly.  He obviously had no clue what it meant by the look on his face when he saw my reaction.  I asked him where he heard that word and the sneaky little thing wouldn't say.  It was obviously from school though!  I explained to him that it was not a nice word and he better never use it again.  He has also started to learn what "lying" is.....actually he will look you straight in the face and say something that is not true if it gets him what he wants.  For example, I will say "let's clean up the mess you made with your paper and scissors, some fell on the floor" and he will respond "I didn't make a mess" and when I ask who did....he will get quiet, start thinking and say "Sloan did it".  I know he doesn't understand what lying is quite yet but we are now working on it!  I may not make it through the teenage years....he is super strong willed, type A, very persistent, smart and sneaky!

This was Blue Day at school; they focus on a color each week and dress in that color on one of the days.  Between preschool and soccer activities, I feel like I have a new job keeping it all straight and organized!  The preschool is great about taking pictures for us!  Grant is in the middle of the back row.
Yellow Day; obviously some of the moms forgot....I am not judging since that might be my kid one day, lol! Grant is at the top left.
Grant practicing his scissor skills.  And I have no clue what that green thing is that he is wearing.

No comments: