Monday, June 8, 2015

Updates FINALLY

Whew! Here I go again but even further out than the last post. Too busy lately….better late than never right!?!

Grant has turned 6 and completed Kindergarten and it went so fast! He is now doing lots of camps this summer and really enjoying them. Each one has a theme, last week was space where they made a real rocket and this week is cooking…that should be interesting.

Both kids are in swim lessons now. Sloan just started her first lessons and is doing really well. She is still hesitant but actually got moved to a level above where I signed her up at. Grant is swimming really well now and keeps getting better. He is actually going to be doing a week long swim camp this summer. 

Over Memorial Day, Grant got to go tubing for the first time and he LOVED it! Of course, I was a little nervous but very happy he had fun.

Grant got to go on his first school Field Trip a few months ago. I had a first too….as a chaperone lol. The class went to the Aquarium. Grant was just excited about riding a bus…which he had never done. Still shocks me as we are driving down the interstate that there are no seat belts in these buses. Imagine trying to keep 20 kids rear ends on the bus seats when they aren’t strapped down……not easy! All the kids had a great time and I was exhausted just keeping up with the 5 that I was responsible for throughout the day.

Grant had his 6 year check up and passed the hearing and vision test with flying colors. He is now 44lb (40%) and 46 1/8 inches tall (60%). Meanwhile, Sloan has finally made it to 26lbs! She continues to be a light weight but super feisty to make up for it.

I took Grant to Lego Land after his doctor’s appointment. He had fun with the rides and building Lego cars but I was not as impressed as I thought I would be unfortunately.

Grant’s birthday party theme this year was reptiles (snakes and dinosaurs). We had a reptile man come and bring lots of snakes, a baby alligator, a big lizard, etc. It was awesome and then Grant even got his very own snake for his birthday from CC and Papa Bill. Grant named his new pet “Hunter” since he is green.

Sloan had her first visit to the dentist and did so much better than I expected. She actually let them clean her teeth. Her first reaction was comical though. The tech started to reach into her mouth and Sloan grabbed her wrist and said “what are you going to do?” She likes to know exactly what is going to happen before it happens. Slightly controlling, lol!

We all went and picked strawberries which was a lot of fun. The kids ate a lot of them while picking and then we brought a huge bucket home.

This past weekend, we went to the Butterfly festival where both kids got to hold butterflies. There was a huge butterfly release and lots of fun activities. And it was so crowded that we had to ride school buses as a shuttle from a remote parking lot……so Sloan got her first bus ride too! She thought that was pretty neat.

Sloan’s favorite thing lately is to ask “Why?” for everything. She is constantly asking questions and even asked me “How old are you?”. I never know what will come out of her mouth. And she loves to talk to strangers too.


Snow Days

Snow Days

Happy St Patty's Day

Easter Projects


Happy Easter!

First time on a bus and first Field Trip to the GA Aquarium

Aquarium Fun in Kindergarten!

Gymnastics Party

Sloan and Jon Walter hanging out
Cheering on Grant at soccer
First trip to the dentist.....unexpected success! And yes, she is wearing her bunny ears, lol

 Found a brown snake in the yard and she LOVED it!

 Strawberry picking

Sloan hanging out in my bed while I get ready in the morning

Summertime is here finally!

Sloan and Georgia....so sweet!

Tubing for the first time over Memorial Day and Grant couldn't get enough!

 Lego Land fun!

Holding Butterflies at the Butterfly Festival

Our nature child and her butterfly!

Grant's 6th Birthday Party

Lizard
Milk Snake

 King Snake
King Snake


Baby Aligator

Albino Python


Grant's Birthday gift....a Rough Green Snake....promptly named "Hunter"


No comments: