Tuesday, February 18, 2014

More Snow Days, Releasing Butterflies and the Hi-Pad

As you all know, we got another snow storm which Grant LOVED!  The snow wasn't as pretty this time around.  It was a wet snow with a layer of ice on the bottom.  But they both got to sled and play in the snow. 

It finally warmed up enough that we could release our butterflies.  Grant had a great time getting them out of their cage and holding them before they flew away.  It was a really fun process to watch.  We saved the little cage and may do it again later on.

Sloan's favorite phrase these days is "Grant, give me my hi-pad!".  Yes, it is a "hi-pad" to her and she loves it.  She has some apps on there that she plays with.  My mom suggested one, "Endless ABC".  It basically shows a word like "Invisible" with all white letters and puts all of the letters, in different colors, mixed up all over the screen.  You have to drag the letters over the correct letter in the word.  If you pick the wrong one, it makes a noise to say you missed it.  As you are dragging the letter, it says the sound of it like "I, I, I, I, I" until you get on over the I and then it says "I".  The words are way to advanced in my opinion but it did not take her long at all to catch on.  She can now do every word in the app correctly.  It is kind of shocking to us that she can do it.

Sloan's hair is getting so long now.  I am going to have to take her and have it trimmed a little to even it out at least.  I have to blow it dry at night after baths now.  She hated it at first but now she actually likes it and will ask to dry her hair.  Tonight, Grant was watching me blow it dry and when we were done, he looks at her and says "awww you look like a lady" LOL!  I have no clue where he got that one from.  Random things that come out of his mouth crack us up all the time.







 Sloan in her skinny jeans.....well they are supposed to be fitted, ha!  She is still so tiny for her age.  She makes up for it in personality for sure.

No comments: