I had Grant’s parent teacher conference and it was great. He is doing well with all of his preschool work. They are working on short words now to begin reading. He points out the words “the” and “a” whenever we read books at night. The one area for improvement was “talking too much”. I must say he gets this honest from his mama! I also learned that he repeats everything at school! We had a few dead cockroaches in the rental lately and he informed his teachers that “his house had bugs”. I was asked during the meeting what our plans were for Kindergarten since they offer one at the church. I explained that we were going to be moving and living in a rental now. She looked at me and said “oh that explains it then” and proceeded to tell me about his bug comment. Who knows what else he is telling them. The kids are leaning their full names in class now. Grant came home and asked me what my full name was. I said “Melanie Houston Johnson” and he looked at me so confused and said “no, that is CC and Papa Bill’s name, not yours”. I explained that it used to be my name and then I married daddy/Luke. Then the questions really started…….Why did you have to change your name? What does marriage mean? Can I marry you? How big do you have to be to get married? Whew…..I did my best but explaining all that to a 4 year old is not as easy as one would think.
His speech has improved so much since we have started going to therapy. It is still not perfect but has made a huge difference.
Grant had his last soccer game and there was a party afterwards at Stevie B’s (pizza place). He got a trophy and promptly lined it up next to last year’s trophy when we got home. Very proud of it! We are looking into T-Ball for the spring maybe.
Our Christmas tree is in storage since we did not anticipate being in a rental this long. So, we went and bought a new one this week…..yes, a tree up BEFORE Thanksgiving, yikes! The kids had fun buying a tree especially riding in the double car buggy at Home Depot! And Grant came home with a blow up Darth Vader that has a Santa hat! Only 2 ornaments have been broken so far……
We went to the church for Hands on Christmas. They have tons of different crafts for kids and a candy cane café for lunch. Grant got to make lots of fun things (a snow globe, ornaments, a hand print turkey, a beaded necklace and many more).
I took Grant with me to Lenox Mall one day and it just happened to be the day the Pink Pig opened. He saw the tent and begged to go ride. So, we went and rode this super cheesy ride. He insists that we go again and take Sloan.
Sloan loves to say “I can do it” now for EVERYTHING! She continues to be very head strong and determined to get what she wants no matter what. She loves to take Grant’s stuff. She knows where he hides his prized stuff (in his bedside table top drawer). She can now open the drawer and will go get stuff out and he flips his lid over this. He has now started to move his stuff to other places that she cannot reach. They do fight a lot over the smallest things but I guess it’s normal sibling stuff……tiring sometimes though.
Grant with his soccer trophy!
Hands on Christmas at the church
Grant found a broken piece of his sunglasses in the car and decided he was a pirate as we waited to drop him off at school!
Pink Pig!
Home Depot fun! Grant demanded that they both ride in the big car buggy.....I am not a fan of these because I really think they are just full of nasty kid germs.....I lost the debate this time! At least they have wipes near the carts now!
Sloan loves this cow. It sings "Girls just want to have fun". I used to love this song but I must say that it is getting old at this point, lol!








No comments:
Post a Comment