Sloan loves to sing "Happy Birthday" now and blow out candles. We just celebrated Luke's birthday too. Sloan sang it and got really confused when we said "Happy birthday to DADDY" instead of to "Sloan". She looked at us like we were crazy, lol! And then both kids blew out his candles of course.
Sloan is working on potty training herself these days. My plan was to potty train her cold turkey the week I am home for Christmas. I did a similar thing with Grant at the same age and it was very successful. However, Sloan is now telling us exactly when she needs to pee and poop and asking to go to the potty. She has peed multiple times everyday now in the potty and pooped a few times too. I am still not going to put her in underwear until Christmas so I think it will be even easier by then.
Grant has been busy with soccer and swim lessons every weekend. He has scored 2 goals in each of the last two games. He is really starting to understand the competitive part. He is now swimming really good too. He is actually learning the back stroke and swimming with his face under water. He can also retrieve rings from the bottom of the pool which he thinks is so much fun. We are going to take a couple of months off over the holidays and then start back. By next summer, he should be a great little swimmer!
Grant is also quite witty these days. It can be quiet for 10 minutes and then when I try to talk to Luke, Grant will immediately start saying "mommy, mommy". He did this in the car the other day and I was ignoring him while I finished my sentence to Luke. He then says "mommy, you are wasting my time!", lol. We have no idea where that came from but we explained that it wasn't nice. He said "but you weren't listening to me". He had a point I guess.
Grant at his Soccer game. He scored 2 goals!
Sloan on her birthday!
Sloan with her new tent!
Sloan in her Gamecock gear cheering on Grant at his soccer game!





No comments:
Post a Comment